Tabs

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lots of power in such a small package....this is sure to stop the barking and whining from your dog.

 
We have a Catahoula dog that is one of the best dogs you could ever be proud to have except for one small problem...he whines..a lot. It isn't loud, but it is very annoying. Now, one of the things that I really feel strongly about is not being abusive or cruel to my animals in anyway at all as they are my wonderful companions. I recently ran across the Pet Resolve Dog Training Collar with Remote and decided to give it a try to see if I could stop the whining (he does bark at times but I am more concerned with the whining. The Pet Resolve Collar has an extra long reach of 1200 meters...that's like almost 4,000 feet or 3/4ths of a mile! Impressive! The collar has 10 levels of both continuous and momentary shocking. I can train up to 3 different dogs at the same time if needed without having to purchase any more collars.  It has a digital display, the collar is waterproof, has a recall memory for each of the 3 outputs, a lanyard...with a quick release so I don't have to stuff it in my pocket, a USB cable with twin outputs for charging both the receiver and transmitter at the same time, a Lithium-Ion battery so I don't have to be concerned about the batteries corroding and messing up the unit, "low power" LED indicators, audio feedback to make sure that I don't shock the wrong animal, and a 2 year warranty for starters. You really can't get a product much better than this with all these features.

I have the ability to change the shocking level in 10 steps up or down immediately from the remote without having to stop and there are two separate buttons that give you the option for a momentary shock, or a continuous shock for up to 8 seconds. The manual talks about a continuous shock for 8 seconds and I thought that that would be kind of long, so I checked it out with the test light and found that it is a continuous shock for as long as you hold down that particular button...up to 8 seconds...but the shocking stops as soon as you let go of the button so you have complete control for the length of time that the shock is produced.

The training collar also comes with a "TEST" light that you can put across the collar to make sure that it is working without shocking your animal to find out, and you can determine by the intensity of the light as to the degree of power that it is putting out to the animal. It also comes with an additional set of longer screw-on adapters and a spanner wrench for the shocking points for those animals that have longer and thicker hair. I tested the training collar on myself, going through the different levels of shocking capacity to see exactly what power the different levels produced (I wanted to know what my dog is going to be feeling BEFORE I zap him with it). The bottom two levels are pretty weak and might work on a smaller dog but when you get to level three....look out...it gets pretty exciting at this point. For a large dog, I personally would start at level three from the bottom and work my way up only if I needed to. It packs a pretty good punch at this level.

  I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in using a shocking collar for training. I had a different brand years ago that was nowhere near as versatile as this one for about the same price.

I was offered this product at a reduced price in return for my honest review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment